Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Name - Fame

Many people in this world always in the work of gaining name and fame. They are important. But one should not sacrifice one's own self opinions. Lets see what the great personalities are saying about Name and Fame.

Fame is foolish, it is pointless, meaningless. Even if the whole world knows you, how does it make you richer? How does it make your life more blissful? How does it help you to be more understanding, to be more aware? To be more alert, to be more alive ? --- Osho.

“Really Hagrid, if you are holding out for universal popularity, I'm afraid you will be in this cabin for a very long time” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

“Do not yearn to be popular; be exquisite. Do not desire to be famous; be loved. Do not take pride in being expected; be palpable, unmistakable.” ― C. JoyBell C.

“I figured it is always better to be unpopular by your own choice.”― Tom Upton, Vanished.

“Get over it, Roo. If you have friends who actually like you, you’re popular enough.” ― E. Lockhart.

I don't care whether people like me or dislike me. I'm not on earth to win a popularity contest. I'm here to be the best human being I possibly can be. ----Tab Hunter.

Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is character. --- Horace Greeley.

Avoid popularity if you would have peace. --- Abraham Lincoln

When people laugh at Mickey Mouse, it's because he's so human; and that is the secret of his popularity. --- Walt Disney

I realized I'll be more happy than now if I abandon the desire for name and fame.



No comments:

Post a Comment